Trust In God's Mercy

O God, show me Your mercy
According to the compassion
of the Heart of Jesus.
Hear my sighs and entreaties,
And the tears of a contrite heart.
O Omnipotent, ever-merciful God.
Your compassion is never exhausted.
Although my misery is as vast as the sea,
I have complete trust in Your mercy,
O Lord,
O eternal Trinity, yet ever-gracious God,
Your compassion is without measure,
and so I trust in the sea of Your mercy,
and feel Your presence, Lord,
though a veil separates me from You.
May the omnipotence of Your mercy,
O Lord,
Be glorified all over the world.
May veneration of it never cease.
Proclaim, my soul, God's mercy with zeal!

(Diary of Saint Maria Faustina, 1298)

Photo c/o Fotografik Mind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pain of Hoping, The Agony of Praying Amidst This Pandemic

Prayer for Guidance from the Holy Spirit