What You May Not Know About The Season of Lent
- The Gospels before the 1st week of Lent, i.e from Ash Wednesday to Friday, are constant regardless of the liturgical cycles (Year A, B, or C, Cycle I or II)
- The Alleluia is not prayed or sung during the Mass from Ash Wednesday until the Easter Vigil.
- There are 6 Sundays of Lent. The 6th Sunday is called Passion Sunday or Palm Sunday.
- Holy Week starts on Palm Sunday until the end of Lent, which is before the Mass of the Lord's Supper on Thursday evening.
- Thursday evening until Holy Saturday (before Easter vigil) is called the Easter Triduum.